Thursday, January 12, 2012

My fist photo shoot

My fist photo shoot
After reading several books on the topic, my head was spinning with terminology. F-stop, shutter speed, ISO, where to position the lights and where the subject must be. Well it was time to put my knowledge to the test.
I have obtained a backdrop, three soft boxes, spotlight and some props. I am fortune to have a cottage that I could make my studio. Setting up all of this was really exciting; they have been staring at me for the past month waiting to be used.
Eventually the day has arrived, my daughter agreed to be the first. Now I know how babies must feel when they take their fist step.... the excitement, fear and confusion, it is just to take that fist step. So I took that fist step.
The fist few where over exposed and some of them under exposed, what to do now??? I played around with the positioning of the lights the strength of the flashes, and there it was - my fist good photo. Well I think it was, professionals might differ.
We played around with different poses and props and even wardrobe changes. I was perspiring as if I just ran a 10 km race, the excitement and adrenalin was pumping.  
Enough of my chit-chat her are some of my first photos  












Well that was the fist one done and dusted, it will and only go better with more practice and more reading. My next post I want to introduce you to a book I bought.  

2 comments:

  1. I am no expert, but I personally think it is quite a challenge to photograph people. You did well and will soon find the best practices :)

    I am a keen wildlife and nature photographer, as you will notice from my Facebook albums.

    Enjoy and good luck with!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i will keep at it. i will have a look on your facebook page

      Delete