Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why not give your photo shoot a theme?

Why not give your photo shoot a theme?

Yes, I know we all want to make money, so the natural thing is to get the photo shoot done and dusted as quickly as possible. Of course, so much can go unnoticed with such an attitude. 

Why not just do it for fun or for one’s portfolio?

I decided on a theme for my photo shoot: Tattoos. I have a friend that has a couple of very interesting tattoos adorning his body. I approached him and explained what I wanted to do.

Well, the next step was the photo shoot. I really had fun although at first I felt a bit nervous – ok, I admit, it was closer to being nerve wrecking... it was a shoot during which I didn’t need to focus on the person as a whole. But of course I didn’t want to miss any of my friend’s personality that is embodied in his tattoos. I knew that if I didn’t manage to capture his personality, it would be like “just taking another picture”, one with no substance: dead, meaningless. I would even go so far as to say a waste of time.

Here are some of the photos from this photo shoot. I would like to share them with you. Enjoy!
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment